Monday, July 16, 2007

Stop saying "gummy" so much!

This op-ed piece is about Trevor Corson's adorable hope that the severely endangered status of bluefin tuna will bring about an American Sushi Renaissance, one in which American sushi bars offer more traditional Japanese choices, and diners sit at the bar and really get to know their chef.

The article uses the word "sushi" 22 times, so that by the time you're done reading, you think it's a made-up word.

It is exactly 11 paragraphs long. I like to think that the first time it was turned in to the editor, the article came back slashed to ribbons with red pen, and a note reading, "TREVOR, WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS. ONLY TWO PER PARAGRAPH! I AM ALSO RETURNING, UNUSED, YOUR ARTICLE 'OBAMA CAMPAIGN SUSHI AHEAD OF SUSHI IN SURPRISE SUSHI SUSHI SUSHI.' SEE ME."

This is where I would put a Harry Potter spoiler if I knew one, because I haven't told anyone about this blog and I'm too embarrassed for anyone to see it like this.

No comments: